This summer, we’re partnering up with some of the schools near our developments for an art competition. We’ve invited children and young people in our communities to get creative during the holidays to be in with a chance of winning an arty prize as well as art supplies for their school.
For the pupils taking part, we’ve provided some tips below to help you along with your masterpiece…
- Get creative with your tools! You might decide to use your colouring pencils or pens, but you don’t have to! You could get really crafty and start sticking…glitter, tissue paper, feathers – the choice is yours!
- What inspires you? Think about your favourite books, films or an exciting or interesting place you’ve visited – would you like to include it in your design?
- Use your imagination! Maybe you’d like to sleep in a treehouse? Maybe you’d like an indoor slide instead of stairs? Be as wacky as you like!
- Use the space on your template! The bigger the better because it will be easier for everyone to see your wonderful artwork
- Write your name, your age and your school on the back of your art so the judges know who the artist is, and don’t forget to give your artwork back to your teacher after the summer holidays
- Have fun!
We look forward to seeing your entries in September!
We’re proud to be a part of the communities in which we work. There are Abbey homes available across the Home Counties, with apartments and houses available for a wide range of people, whether you’re a first-time buyer a growing family or you’re looking to retire and maybe downsize. Find out more about our new homes and our neighbourhoods over on our developments page.